Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that has enjoyed a long, remarkable history as one of the oldest locally owned financial institutions in the area. The Union Bag Federal Credit Union was organized on April 15, 1940, to serve the employees of the Union Bag Corporation working at the Savannah paper factory. In 1966, the Credit Union changed its name to Union Camp Savannah Federal Credit Union to coincide with the new name of its sponsor group. Having remained a single sponsor organization for 59 years, the Credit Union changed its name to Georgia Heritage FCU in 1999 when Union Camp was purchased by International Paper. We expanded further in 2006 when the Credit Union received its community charter, giving us the opportunity to serve anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in the Coastal Empire counties of Chatham, Effingham and Bryan.
Visited 599 times, 1 Visits today